A few thoughts on growing a human, coming from someone new to the experience.
- Don’t call me Preggo, Preggers, or any similar derivative. It makes me feel like a jar of marinara at best and a water balloon at worst. I am still Alexis, and yeah, there’s now also a baby up in here.
- You know that constipated feeling you get sometimes? Imagine that, but in front. It feels like I’m carrying a small lead ball around.
- Everyone has an opinion about what I eat. Bug off!
- Exercise is suddenly more interesting. In a matter of days one week, I lost 5 minutes on my 5k time. And I felt like I was going to keel over.
- I miss wine. 😦
- All the animals love me. Not sure if they sense something I don’t, or they just like my new body pillow.