Since the election, in between bouts of interminable sadness, I have:
- Called my senators to oppose the appointment of Steve Bannon
- Emailed my electors about their upcoming vote
- Called Rep John Lewis to thank him for his service
- Gone to my first neighborhood meeting
- Worn a safety pin
- Voted in favor of keeping the ACA via Paul Ryan’s phone poll (despite the long pre-recorded diatribe he made me sit through before getting to it)
- Put out a “Love Trumps Hate” yard sign
- Donated to Planned Parenthood (in the name of a Trump supporter – thanks, Kevin)
- Made mashed potatoes for a local teacher appreciation lunch
- Bought lunch boxes for a couple of kids from an impoverished family
I am taking this opportunity of immense grief to be motivated to action.
I’m not giving up, and neither should you.